Exchanging your home

Another way you can move home is to swap with someone.

Swapping your home with someone else is known as a Mutual Exchange.

Why not take a look at House Swap Wales, who are helping tenants across Wales to swap homes using Facebook.


And we have also teamed up with HomeSwapper, the largest web-based mutual exchange register in the UK.

How does HomeSwapper work?

First you will need to register your details on the exchange database. HomeSwapper will then  automatically search for potential swaps and alert you of any potential matches via text or email.

To register your details FREE visit homeswapper.co.uk today.

When you get a text or email to say you’ve got a potential swap, you’ll need to log back onto homeswapper.co.uk to view online the homes that you’ve been matched with. Then, if you like the look of what you see you can arrange a visit by contacting the person who lives there at the moment.

Once you've found a property that you want to swap please remember that you must get written permission to go ahead from your landlord. Without this the swap can’t go ahead. Please note also that we will refuse permission for a swap if:

  • You owe us rent
  • Your home is in a poor condition or state of decoration
  • The property you wish to move to is unsuitable for you needs
  • You are in any other breach of your tenancy agreement
  • You have an assured shorthold or starter tenancy 

If you’d like to find out more about potentially swapping your home, please contact our Housing Options Team on 0800 052 2526 or e-mail us at housingoptionsteam@wwha.co.uk