The Association is proposing to change its lettings policy to use the same set of rules to assess if people can join its waiting list as those used by local authorities, this is commonly referred to as the 3 Stage Test. We also plan to make other minor changes to provide clearer information to applicants.
What is changing?
· In assessing if someone can join our waiting list we will be using the Welsh Assembly’s code of guidance 3 stage test.
· We’re changing our policy to make it clear to applicants who owe money to a current or previous landlords what they have to do before we’ll consider offering them a home.
· Where there’s no one on our waiting lists, we will advertise our properties as immediately available on our and other websites.
· We will continue to let properties on a date order basis but is some cases circumstances will dictate that some offers will not be right for people. In these circumstances the Head of Housing will authorise the withdrawal of an offer.
You can make any comments on the proposed changes by:- 14th September 2014
· Telephone – 0800 052 2526
· Writing to – Wales & West Housing, 3 Alexandra Gate, Ffordd Pengam, Tremorfa, CF24 2UD
A full copy of the proposed lettings policy can be found at www.wwha.co.uk