We know that many first time buyers on moderate incomes are struggling to get a foothold on the property ladder.
Our new Rent to Buy Scheme provides an innovative mid-market housing solution for people on moderate incomes.
Rent to Buy aims to help people who are financially stable yet not able to buy their own home at the present time due to economic uncertainties.
These properties will be let at a rent lower than the market rate for an equivalent property, allowing residents to save towards a deposit to enable them to buy their home at some time in the future.
To be eligible for Rent to Buy, applicants must meet certain criteria.
- Be aged 18 or over
- Be a UK citizen or have indefinite leave to remain in the UK
- Have access to enough savings to cover the costs of the scheme (for example, solicitors fees etc);
- Have sufficient income to raise a mortgage on the property in the future (i.e. 3.5 x annual income);
- Have no County Court Judgements (CCJ’s) against you.
Please note that we will give preference to:
- First time buyers and those in the same position as first time buyers (such as owner occupiers who are going through a relationship breakdown or those who are currently living in an area of regeneration which means they have to move);
- Those whose housing needs cannot be met through the market place in their local area.
Any properties that are currently available as part of the Rent to Buy scheme will be advertised below. If there are no properties currently available please check back to this page periodically.